The current news of the department
- UCLA research paving way for building code improvements
- Through the NGA-West 2 project, UCLA researchers achieve milestone towards improving the ground motion site amplification factors in building codes
- UCLA to host Northridge20 Symposium
- The 20th anniversary of the Northridge Earthquake will be January 17, 2014. UCLA and many collaborating organizations are hosting a symposium to discuss lessons learned and the path forward. January 16-17, 2014. UCLA campus, Sproul Commons building.
- Professor Scott J. Brandenberg was awarded the 2013 Shamsher Prakash Research award.
- Shaily Mahendra receives teaching award
- Assistant Professor Shaily Mahendra has received the Northrup-Grumman Excellence in Teaching Award. She will be recognized at the HSSEAS Engineering Awards Dinner on November 1, 2013.